Action on Skyros
Have you always wanted to do something for the benefit of disadvantaged people and bring them joy? Are you interested in getting to know Greek culture? And do you enjoy working hand in hand with other young people?
Then travel to Skyros with the Swiss for Greece outreach group from 7. to 14. October 2023 and get actively involved in helping the forgotten island population.
What are we doing on Skyros?
During the outreach week, the programme is always very varied. Every day there are different activities on the schedule, which are done in smaller groups. So everyone can use their knowledge or manual skills where they are needed or try something new. It doesn’t matter to us what your professional background is, we find something meaningful for everyone to do. So far, we have done all this and more for the islanders, big and small:
- Renovation and painting work
- Help in the restaurant
- Help in the hospital
- Distribution of materials to schools, clubs and individuals
- IT work
- Construction of carpentry work such as racks and sandboxes
- Clearing paths
- Collecting firewood for elderly residents
- Shopping and distributing food parcels
- Cooking for the residents
- Playing with children
Requirements to you
- You are between 18 and 29 years old (denomination doesn’t matter)
- You are on holiday from 7 to 14 October 2023
- You will support the Swiss for Greece team in various projects before the week to collect donations and material
- You take part in the preparation meeting
- You pay 500.- CHF for your personal travel expenses
- You are willing to actively participate in Skyros and do something for the benefit of other people
- You are insured accordingly (see registration)